WHAT WE DO
Redeem Your Ground is not your typical landscape design firm. We’re different. We’re really more of a mix of yard consultant, designer, family therapist, lifestyle coach, and camp counselor.
If you work with us you’ll find that our focus is less about plants & hardscapes and more about you and how you want to live outside.
The rest is easy…well sorta. But getting to the heart of what’s unique about you & your family and what you want to do & feel in your outdoor spaces…that’s the difficult, but most important part of any project. And that’s what we enjoy most…and that’s where we spend most of our time. Other firms don’t.
Backyard Triage Plan
This is fun. We walk and we talk…and as we do we’ll get to understand what makes you & your family tick, your dreams for your outdoor spaces, your priorities & parameters, as well as what your property “has to say”.
- From there we’ll provide you with a prioritized list of action items and recommended next steps.
- This can be done as a flat fee or on an hourly basis – it all depends on the size of your yard and the scope of what needs to be done.
Onsite or Remote Garden Consultation
If you’re a gardener or DIYer and all you need are pointers to get you on your way, we can do that too.
- Like the Back Yard Triage Plan, we’ll do some walking and talking so that we can get to know you and your outdoor spaces better…and then develop our recommendations. The only difference is you’ll be taking the notes.
- Although it works best if we can meet with you onsite, if that’s not possible, we can do a remote consult. Clearly, the more information and pictures you can share with us the better.
- For both an Onsite or Remote Consultation we’ll simply charge you an hourly fee.
Conceptual Landscape Design
The most important aspect of any landscape project is knowing where you’re going and what you’re doing. That’s where having a Conceptual Landscape Design that reflects you and how you want to live outside is critical. If you don’t have one, things can go very wrong, very fast…and get very expensive.
- What you’ll get with a Conceptual Landscape Design is a birds-eye rendering, drawn to scale, of one or all of your outdoor spaces…complete with recommended plant and hardscape material. It will serve as the blueprint for the installation phase of your project, regardless of if you do it yourself or if you hire someone.
- Clients who plan on doing their installation in phases find that having a Conceptual Landscape Designallows them to do that with greater intentionality…and therefore, with less angst and ultimately at a lower cost.
- This is typically done on a flat-fee basis and how much depends on the size and scope of your project.
- Note: Most designs require that you have a survey of your property to share with us.
Installation & Referrals
Regardless of how you initially engage Redeem Your Ground, we’ll help you bring your landscape project to completion…or at least as far as you want to take it.
- Once we understand you, your needs, project scope, and budget we’ll provide you with a recommended plan of attack…tailored to your unique situation.
- If you’re looking for a turn-key solution, our expert installation crews can take your conceptual design and make it into reality – transforming your landscape into the outdoor spaces of your dreams.
- If your project is outside of our wheelhouse or our production schedule doesn’t meet your needs, we’ll connect you with our network of qualified vendors, installers, maintenance crews, and local artisans. I guess you could say that we’re your very own personalized landscape referral service.
Whatever the case, we’ll help you find the solution that’s right for you. Remember, at the end of the day what we want to do is help you redeem your ground.
CLIENT ENGAGEMENT PROCESS
Our process is intentionally uncomplicated and designed to be most helpful for you.
1 | Discover
The first and most important step of any project is for us to get to know you better. Why do you want to redeem your ground? What are your dreams for your outdoor spaces? How do you and your family want to live outside?
This will start with an online survey and then one or multiple onsite visits. In addition to understanding your “why’s”, both the survey and onsite visits will help us unpack your likes and dislikes around function and style. We’ll also spend time studying your yard and its connection with your home. Lastly, we’ll discuss your time and budget parameters.
2 | Design
With a clear understanding of your outdoor dreams and what you’re hoping to accomplish, it’s now time to draw a Conceptual Landscape Design. This will help you better visualize the potential of your yard and outdoor living spaces, as well as serve as the primary documentation for installation.
Your design may be presented in stages to assure that we’re moving in the right direction. To help you better wrap your head around your design and what it might entail, a directional costing may also be provided along the way.
3 | Decide
With the Conceptual Landscape Design completed it’s time to make some decisions about installation and your other next steps. This is often the most difficult phase for you…but we’ll do our best to make it as easy as possible. Based on project scope, budget, and availability RYG will provide you with our recommended plan forward.
4 | Create
This is where design decisions are implemented and your dreams begin to take shape. If you engage RYG to install your project, we will work to ensure that the installation, construction, and completion of all design elements come together to realize the vision and spirit of your yard’s design.
5 | Live
This step is all you! It’s now time to get outside with your family & friends to enjoy your new outdoor spaces. If you’d like, Redeem Your Ground can provide you with a list of recommended action items and vendors to help you keep your outdoor spaces in tip-top, life-giving condition.