[EXCITING NEWS] RYG Is Joining the “Growing a Greener World” Team
2015 is stacking up to be an exciting year for us over here at RYG. First…we became a finalist for several of the Hall of Fame Awards at the 2015 Garden Bloggers Conference*. And now…today’s exciting news is…I’ve been asked to join the team over at Growing a Greener World®.
Growing a Greener World® (GGW) is an award-winning television show broadcast on national public television all over the U.S. and abroad. It features stories on organic gardening, green living, farm-to-table food, and environmental landscape design. And what I love about it is…each episode focuses on truly inspirational people and their compelling efforts to make a positive impact on the world…and their stories are shared in a way that helps people like you and me make a difference at home. If you’ve never seen the show before, please check it out.
The really cool thing for me is…as Consulting Director of Business Development at GGW, I’ll be able to combine my passions for intentional living, family, the outdoors, and landscape design with my business experience in sales and consulting. And while I’m doing that I’ll be helping the GGW team bring more of what their viewers are looking for in fresh new ways. I’m really looking forward to seeing where this crazy amazing opportunity brings all of us…you included.
But enough about me…let me tell you a little bit more about Growing a Greener World® and some of the people behind it.
First of all, it’s produced by two really incredible people…who I’m so fortunate to be able to rub elbows with and learn from.
- Joe Lamp’l is Host and Executive Producer of GGW. He’s a highly recognized and award-winning TV personality in the gardening and sustainable living spaces. He’s hosted other gardening shows and has made the rounds as an expert on the network morning shows. He’s also an author of several books, a blogger, and syndicated columnist. But more importantly…beyond his impressive pedigree, he’s an all-around great guy.
- Theresa Loe is Co-Executive Producer of GGW and On-Air Canning/Homesteading Expert. She has an equally impressive resume…from being an award-winning writer, author, and blogger…to being trained as a Master Food Preserver. With her blog Living Homegrown® and online Canning Academy®, Theresa works really hard to help everyday people live a farm-fresh lifestyle without living on a farm. If you spend just two minutes with T’Loe you’ll see that she’s passionate about life and helping others live healthier lives.
Alright…that’s probably enough flattery of my new GGW friends for one post…don’t’cha think?!
But before I go, I’d like to point you to the GGW website. I think it’s a really great resource for us ground redeemers:
- Obviously, it gives you access to all of GGW’s five seasons of episodes.
- On his blog Compost Confidential, Joe shares the backstory of each episode and gives you a behind-the-scenes view of GGW.
- When it comes to learning about canning & preserving, there’s no better place to start than T’Loe’s canning section.
- You’ll also find great farm-to-table recipes that will not only get your lips-a-smackin’, but they will also inspire you to grow your own food…if you don’t already.
- And lastly, there are a ton of incredibly helpful articles on a whole host of gardening and sustainable living topics. For example:
So…can you tell that I’m excited about being on the GGW team? Well I am. So please check back in periodically so that I can update you on all things RYG…and GGW!!
Take care all,
(* Stay tuned to see if we win one of the Hall of Fame Awards at the Garden Bloggers Conference. We won’t know until the conference takes place at the end of this month.)
You may also enjoy these posts from RYG ...
If you're not already subscribed to RYG and want to get periodic updates, links to new posts & other ground redeeming info ... just enter your email address below. Easy as that!
We are proud to have you Doug and equally excited that you are joining our team. We have a lot to learn from you as well. I think with your help, great things are in store. Thanks for this very kind post!
Aw shucks Joe! And I couldn’t agree more. Looking forward to what’s in store! – D.
So happy you are able to join our team. It will be a fun adventure to be sure!
Even though you are “new”, you fit so well with all of us that it seems like you have always been there.
Thanks for the kind words, my friend. The feelings are mutual!
Thanks T’Loe!!! Agreed on all counts. Can’t wait to see what this year holds for the worlds of GGW & RYG! Take care my friend, D.
Congrats Doug! Well deserved! So happy for you!
Thanks so much Lisa! It’s a great opportunity…I cIn’t wait to see where it leads. Take care, D.
This is SO exciting! Congratulations Doug! Fabulous news!!! Xo
Super excited for RYG! Keep us posted on future!
Thanks Severin! I’ll definitely keep y’all posted. Cheers, D.
Great news, Doug. Congratulations! I’ve been following GGW for a while now and it has been a great resource. Are you going to be able to make it to the Garden Bloggers Conference next week? If so, let me know. Would love to say hello.
Thanks Deb! And ironically I may be out of town next week. But if not…even if I don’t make it to the conference, maybe we can get a group together for dinner. I’ll keep you posted and you do the same. We’ll meet one of these days. Take care, D.
THIS IS SUCH GREAT NEWS ! I’ve always known great things were in store for you. So happy for you and all 3 of your girls…who have worked so hard along with you reaching for your dreams. Love you!
Aw shucks Mother Dearest! Thanks for always supporting me and being my fan! Love you too! Douglas
Congrats! Very exciting. Can’t wait to see where this all leads! Looks to be a great adventure and enriching ride! So awesome & so proud! Best of luck & blessings to RYG & GGW!
Thanks Brenda! Yes…definitely has been, is, and I’m sure will continue to be a great adventure and enriching ride!! Thanks for your words of encouragement and ALL of your support! Cheers, D.
This is very exciting news and wish you and the family all the best with the new opportunity! Can’t wait to hear more about it.
Thanks so much Gail! And I can’t wait to have more to tell you…so please stay tuned! Take care and stay warm! – D.