Fall Is In the Air…Time for Fall Family Activities!
This past week has been so nice here in Atlanta – we’ve officially turned the calendar to fall and with that have come the cooler temps and breezes that mark the season. So before all the leaves are off the trees and winter’s cold winds take over, I wanted to jot down some of the things that my 3 ladies and I wanted to do this fall. That way we’ll be much more likely do the things we want to do vs. the things we just end up doing…and our winter won’t be filled with as much shoulda, woulda, coulda.
So I interviewed Littlest One, Brown, and Britt…then added a few things of my own. I also got a bit artsy with my picture-taking and included a few of those pics on this post…there’s just something about their eyes, I couldn’t resist. Anyway, here’s what we came up with for our fall family activities…in their words and mine.
- Pile up leaves and jump into them
- Find pumpkins
- Take walks
- Eat outside
- Have a campfire
- Sleep in the treehouse
- Play in the grass
- Do experiments with nature
- Plant veggies
- Do homework in treehouse or in the yard
- Rake up all the leaves and jump in them
- Have campfires with friends
- Take afternoon walks
- Eat dinner outside
- Sleep in the treehouse or in a tent in the backyard
- Finish decorating the treehouse
- Ride bikes after school
- Spending time with friends around the fire pit and eating s’mores.
- Decorating and crafting with pumpkins, winter squash, acorns and pinecones.
- Walking my Littlest One home from school…now that it’s not so hot.
- Baking a lot with apples and pumpkins.
- Trying new recipes with the bounty from our first fall garden.
- Spending as much time as possible outside…doing ordinary things like eating, exercising, and reading…because fall is my most favorite season!
- Not really an outdoor activity…more of a to-do, but ordering RYG t-shirts (so be on the lookout).
- Family fireside chats…noshing on s’mores, being warmed and hypnotized by the flames, and hanging out with friends.
- Watching our fall veggie garden grow…seeing which will win out – our raised beds or Tower Garden™…but enjoying our fresh veggies regardless.
- Family hikes at nearby parks.
- Kids’ Day with our BootLegger bootcamp group.
- Chicken coop dinner party with our friends the Overlys…who always take care of our feathered ladies when we’re out of town. I’m particularly looking forward to that now that we have put up some string lights.
- And speaking of our new string lights…I hope to end more of my days slow dancing with Britt at Scott Family Farm (aka, our side yard)…even if it’s just for a few minutes. Although our girls are a bit goobed out by it and Britt wasn’t initially too keen on the idea of dancing with our chickens’ little beady eyes staring at us…but I think my wooing and my moves have won her over…we’ll see.
So there you have it…nothing too outlandish…and I’m not certain we’ll get to everything, but we’ll do our best and have fun trying.
So what are you and your family going to do this year…what’s on your Fall Family Activities list? If you don’t know…I’d encourage you to make a list and see how you can fit them into your schedule. And if you have a tough time squeezing these things in, maybe you should drop something else off. Looking back this winter…I doubt you’ll be disappointed that you did.
If you're not already subscribed to RYG and want to get periodic updates, links to new posts & other ground redeeming info ... just enter your email address below. Easy as that!