I’m So Glad It’s October!
I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.
Oh Anne Shirley…I couldn’t agree with you more! I completely share your sentiment! October is THE BEST! It is a much anticipated month for me…probably because fall is my most favorite season and October ushers in this favorite season of mine. I am overjoyed that October is finally here and that it has brought with it the great gift of cooler temperatures! Ahhhh!
And with the cool, crisp, refreshing air, I desire more time outside…and spending more time outside is just good for the soul and adds a spring to my step. But October brings so much more than just cooler temperatures…it brings many opportunities to enjoy the nature and bring the outside in.
October, oh how I love thee…let me count the ways…
- corn mazes, hay rides, county fairs, bonfires and other seasonal fun
- pumpkins, gourds and squashes to adorn our tables, porches and mantles
- acorns to gather and re-purpose
- brown, red, orange and golden hues
- boots, jeans and sweater weather
- cinnamon and spices
- burlap everything….wreaths, runners, buntings, and more
- pinecones to decorate and craft with
- peak apple season and its delicious bounty to savor
- the sound of rustling leaves in the cool breezes
- the changing colors of the leaves, a beautiful display of Majesty
- all things yummy that are pumpkin flavored…muffins, bread, coffee, etc.
- cool, crisp air that refreshes my soul and draws me outdoors more often
So thank you October for coming once again and for bringing with you these cooler temperatures along with all the other pleasures and inspirations of fall. Feeling grateful today as I head out to enjoy another day of this great month!
What do you like most about October?
Happy Fall All,
- If you love the canvas with the Anne of Green Gables quote as much as I do, check out my dear friend Terri Green’s Etsy shop – EllaLouBoutique.
- You might also be interested in watching the Anne of Green Gables movies…or reading the books.
- You want to know how to make a burlap wreath of your own? Check out the post I did a year or so ago for step-by-step instructions.
- If you live in the Atlanta area and you want to get your fill of delicious seasonal vegetables and tasty made-to-order foods…all in an amazing shopping experience? Check out Lucy’s Market in Buckhead. (That’s where the picture with the star and all the pumpkins above was taken.)
If you're not already subscribed to RYG and want to get periodic updates, links to new posts & other ground redeeming info ... just enter your email address below. Easy as that!